Tuesday 12 October 2010

My Final Proposal:

My working title will be: All these things that I've done
                                by: The Killers






The channel(s) it will be broadcast on vary, The Killers are a popular band, their music isn't neesh. I suppose, due to the genre it falls into the primary channel may be MTV Rocks. formerly MTV Two, MTV2 Europe and M2. This channel will exclusively play alternative rock and indie.




I would say Kerrang, but it isn't as heavy as other songs that are played on Kerrang (Limp Bizkit etc).

Target audience: As The Killers are quite comerical in their music, this target audience isn't very specific. This genre and band may appeal to quite a wide range of age groups and both males and females. I know that I love The Killers and I'm 18, my questionnaire went up to 36+ as I know my parents listen to them also. Class is again quite varied again, there are different demographic groups, yet I think any group below group "A" maybe, will be targetted:
This is just a print screen of a table with the demographic groups.

Genre: Indie/Rock

Style: It will be a narrative more than a performance music video. I envision this music video to start in black and white, the editing isn't fast at the start, I want freeze frames of a calender, a table with a journal and some pills, then an alarm clock. When the boy opens his eyes, I would like to zoom into them, then instead of black and white - the shots from then on will be in colour. I really would like the colour to be heightened and the saturation and contrast at its most.
I may add some slow motion effects, I think I will repeat some shots (maybe the shots of him getting up out of bed or walking down stairs).
I know I will definitely make people disappear in a certain shot. This scene will be black and white, I think I will make it appear much like a flashback. I will be using a tripod, but sometimes I will use hand-held camerawork to portray the boys unstable state of mind. I don't think I will use split screens, I want it to be as real as possible. The Killers music video's are quite down-to-earth. I want the narrative aspect to come out, I want the story to be told, I don't want it to be full of mimes.

Planning: I have permission to film in The Dove Health Center on the weekends, as long as I am with a member of staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment